In the last two days, while grieving over a national tragedy, many of us have received irrational emails and messages from our liberal “friends” insanely blaming Governor Palin for the actions of a mentally ill young man who apparently stalked Arizona Congresswoman Giffords since 2007, well before Governor Palin ever arrived on the national political scene.
This follows irresponsible accusations from a law officer, liberal journalists, and elected leaders regarding the culpability of a political leader like Governor Palin.
In their liberal logic: A does something horrific, we don’t like B, hence B must be responsible for A.
Huh? Since Governor Palin seems to have the remarkable ability to travel back in time to inspire schizophrenia (and forward in time to ban books that haven’t been written yet), is it possible she caused the Titanic sinking as well? Did she have anything to do with the Manson killings or the space shuttle explosions? Was she riding in Ted Kennedy’s car and did she cause him to lose control at Chapaquiddick? And may we point out this was the same Ted Kennedy who used heated political rhetoric and predictions of “back-alley abortions” to win “healthcare” debates with conservative opponents? Aw, but a “back-alley abortion” does not a “death panel” make, now does it!
Liberals seem to believe they are of peace … always. (Just like the Visitors on V.)
This is another logical leap …
You might want to pass this handy list below along to remind your liberal “friends” of the not-so-loving rhetoric and actions of the hard left and Palin haters. Nothing Governor Palin has ever said politically — even her oh-so-”controversial” yet common place election map — can compare to this.
In fact, if there were a single standard for “vitriol” it appears the Palins and Tea Party Americans have been the victims of vitriol and threats more than they’ve been the perpetrators. If we’re all about preventing another tragedy, maybe the Left should examine itself. Immediately. Because as many of us on this site have expressed: individuals who belong not to the right or left, but to the psycho party, might just take some of this Palin hate too far some day, something to consider as we bury the dead, and continue to pray for the survivors of Saturday’s mass shooting. May God bless the real victims of this act. And may God also soften liberal hearts and minds to see the real goodness in Governor Palin and her supporters. If anyone on our side did anything remotely like what happened on this “list” we would call them out and loudly.
1. This fall, Bristol Palin received death threats and mystery white powder showed up in an envelope, during her successful run on Dancing With the Stars.
Sources connected with the show tell us extra security will be on hand tonight for the show. .. As one source said, “Everyone is genuinely worried. This is a dance competition, and it’s just gotten crazy.”
2. Liberal wackos in West Hollywod hung Sarah Palin in effigy as a Halloween prank in October 2008.
How is this not a shrine to violence against women?
3. Shortly after the 2008 election, Sarah Palin’s church was firebombed with scores of congregants inside. Only by the grace of God was no one hurt.
4. In October 2008, liberal comic Sandra Bernhard warned Palin would be gang-raped by “big black brothers” if she ever came to New York.
The Boston women’s shelter Rosie’s Place shortly thereafter cancelled Bernhard’s appearance:
“In light of our mission, we don’t think violence against women is a laughing matter,” said public relations director Leemarie Mosca.
5. In June 2009, David Letterman joked about a possible statutory rape of Willow Palin, or one of those young Palin girls, it doesn’t really matter, does it?
But it does matter.
“There’s a saying that out of the heart, the mouth speaks, and Letterman’s statement reveals a pretty ugly reflection of who Letterman may be,” Wendy Wright, president of Concerned Women for America, told FOXNews.com.
Less than six months later, Letterman was forced to admit that he engaged in sex with much younger female staffers, something even the liberal National Organization of Women couldn’t condone.
“The latest Letterman controversy sheds new light on the widespread objectification of women in the workplace,” NOW said in a statement Tuesday. “Most women can attest to the fact that many workplaces are plagued with inappropriate behavior by men in power.”
6. New Hampshire elected Democrats openly lament that Sarah Palin wasn’t on the small plane that killed Ted Stevens.
“The widespread fixation among New Hampshire Democrats with Governor Palin’s death proves that there is a full blown epidemic of hatred and derangement festering in Governor Lynch’s party,” Ryan Williams, a spokesman for the (state Republican) committee, said in a written statement.
7. President Obama urges his supporters to “get in their faces” and argue with friends who disagree. In a strange twist on the Sermon on the Mount, he tells Latino supporters angry over immigration views this past fall to “punish your enemies.” And paying homage to the violent mob flick The Untouchables, Obama proudly unloads on political opponents: “If they bring a knife to a fight, we bring a gun.”
In the last 24 hours, Obama has completely abandoned his campaign’s call for ‘new politics,’ equating the election to a ‘brawl’ and promising to ‘bring a gun,’ ” said the RNC’s Alex Conant.
This isn’t inciting violence?
8. In Sept. 2008, a bar owner in Chicago paints a nude portrait of Sarah Palin with a gun and proudly displays it.
You think if someone displayed a nude portrait of Obama someone might accuse them of being racist or at the very least disrespectfully objectifying a leader?
9. In Oct. 2008, someone fires a .22 rifle striking the window of the McCain bus during the ’08 campaign.
10. In March 2010, gun shots are fired at Jewish Rep. Eric Cantor’s (R-Va) office.
11. In Sept. 2009, a Move-On.Org individual bites off a healthcare protester’s finger.
12. In Aug. 2009, a black conservative is attacked by union thugs at townhall event.
Oh and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi compared us Tea Partiers to Nazis, the lovely folks who annihilated six million Jews. Could that possibly be considered incendiary? Especially given that Tea Partiers rallied in D.C. over one million strong with not a single arrest or disturbance? Compare this to the vandalism and violence that occurred as young liberals protested at the G-20 meeting in Pittsburgh where 40 were arrested.
Does anything on this list measure up to the senseless heinous act carried out Saturday? Absolutely not. But we’re supposedly measuring rhetoric and actions in the political and cultural arena, not the psychiatric arena. So we might want to compare and contrast what Governor Palin and the Tea Party have actually done and said against the record of President Obama and his leftwing admirers.
It’s quite revealling, actually.
Oh yeah, this one’s for you, Terri! This is my version of turning the other cheek. I’m not angry. I’m resolved. That’s what a day of prayer and reflection will do.