According to the Associated Press moments ago, Romney will announce his VP pick on Saturday in Virginia.
Mitt Romney’s campaign says the presumed Republican presidential nominee will announce his running mate Saturday morning in Norfolk, Va.
The short list — if there is one — is believed to include Ohio Rep. Rob Portman, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan.
In a statement issued Friday night, the Romney campaign said the running mate would be revealed at 9 a.m. EDT at the Nauticus Museum. Romney is kicking off a four-day bus tour through swing states.
Romney’s choice comes as he tries to repair an image damaged by negative Democratic advertising and shift the trajectory of a campaign that’s seen him lose ground to President Barack Obama.
The vice presidential selection will dominate headlines, and Romney’s team has been relentlessly teasing the announcement for weeks.
So far, the speculation by NBC is that it’s Paul Ryan.
But being that it’s MSNBC, let’s take it with a grain of salt.
NBC now says they have three sources saying its Ryan.
Politico also places its bets on Ryan.
Jonathan Karl also reports that it’s also definitley NOT Portman or Pawlenty.
Drudge says its definitely not Rubio.
Earlier, Drudge reported a charter plane from Boston which landed in Janesville Wi (Rep Paul Ryan’s hometown). Tomorrow, Romney was schedule to speak in Norfolk VA at the USS Wisconsin.
(H/T Jasmine) A piece written by Joel Pollak at Breitbart is saying “all signs point to Paul Ryan.”
The following signs have emerged that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)–chair of the House Budget Committee, and widely respected pro-life fiscal conservative leader–could be announced as Mitt Romney’s choice for Vice President–and sooner rather than later:
1. Ryan has surged on InTrade’s prediction market in the past two days, making him the #1 contender ahead of Ohio Senator Rob Portman.
2. Ryan was on vacation in Colorado this week, (CORRECTION: next week, according to sources) but appeared at a memorial service today near Milwaukee for victims of Sunday’s shootings at a Sikh temple…
3. …and a mysterious charter plane from Boston to Ryan’s hometown of Janesville, WI was reported this afternoon.
4. Breitbart News has learned that one major news network was alerting producers that Romney could announce his choice today…
5. …and Romney is due to begin a bus tour tomorrow that will take him through several swing states–and which is thought to be a chance to showcase his running mate.
6. It is not unprecedented for campaigns to announce the candidate for Vice President on a Friday night. Barack Obama announced Joe Biden as his pick on a late Friday night/early Saturday morning in 2008.
7.Update:Tagg Romney was also in southwestern Wisconsin today–with Paul Ryan–to attend the Sikh memorial ceremony and represent his father.
Of course, Romney could make a different choice, or Ryan could decline. He declined to run for President last fall, and may wish to remained focused on his many duties in the House of Representatives, as well as his campaigns for fiscal conservatives nationwide.
Romney introducing Paul Ryan in Norfolk VA.