This is one of the most delusional men I’ve ever heard speak. Most of the interview with the Huckster consisted of the mindless nonsense and irrelevancies we’ve come to expect from Akin in the past couple days, but there were a few highlights. Paraphasing, here’s some of them:
- He’s staying in because “I won the primary”.
- He misspoke one word in one sentence in one day.
- He’s like a rescue worker who goes into the blazing towers on 9/11 to rescue a lady in a wheelchair.
- He doesn’t need any money or support from the GOP because he’s got people.
- The Democrat PPP poll shows him with a one point lead.
- People understand his message.
- He believes in his cause.
- Claire McCaskill said nice things about him.
Anyway, here’s the audio courtesy of Buzzfeed. I know it’s early, but you may need a strong drink.
I found it noteworthy that Huckabee made no effort whatsoever to challenge Akin or get him to remain on topic. No surprise there, of course. Unless this poor, miserable buffoon changes his mind in the next few hours, the fat lady has sung on the Missouri Senate seat.
(h/t Mary Beth)
Update: Can someone please make him stop:
AKIN: You know, Dr. Willkie has just released a statement and part of his letter, I think he just stated it very clearly. He said, of course Akin never used the word legitimate to refer to the rapist, but to false claims like those made in Roe v. Wade and I think that simplifies it….. There isn’t any legitimate rapist…. [I was] making the point that there were people who use false claims, like those that basically created Roe v. Wade.
Update II: Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell to Todd Akin: Get out.