I don’t know if anything can be read into this … or not. But that said, I thought it worthwhile to give readers a snapshot of where things currently lie in terms of announced speakers at the Mittster’s convention:
Tampa, Fla. – Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus today announced the first list of headliners addressing the Republican National Convention August 27-30. Additional convention speakers, including the keynote, will be announced in the coming days and weeks. The speakers are:
- South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, the first female governor of South Carolina and the youngest sitting governor in the United States;
- Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, the 44th governor of Arkansas and 2008 presidential candidate is a NY Times best-selling author, radio and television show host;
- Ohio Governor John Kasich, former House Budget Committee chairman;
- New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez, the first female Hispanic governor in the U.S. and the first female governor of New Mexico;
- Arizona Senator John McCain, the party’s 2008 nominee, now serving his fifth term in the U.S. Senate;
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, America’s 66th secretary of state and the first African-American female to hold the position; and
- Florida Governor Rick Scott, from the convention host state.
“We are proud and excited to announce these outstanding leaders will address the nation during our convention inTampa,” said Chairman Priebus. “They are some of our party’s brightest stars, who have governed and led effectively and admirably in their respective roles. Ours will be a world class convention, worthy of the next president of theUnited States, and these speakers—and those that will be announced later—will help make it a truly memorable and momentous event.”
I don’t have a problem with most of these speakers, but nobody would ever associate the words “inspiring” or “electrifying” with any of them. Certainly none of them would provide sufficient motivation for me to grab the remote and leave the cooking channel. Am I wrong?