Attorney General Eric Holder will honor President Obama’s request to stay into the second term and but will remain on the job only “for about a year,” Fox News confirmed Monday.
A senior administration official told Fox News that Obama does not want a mass exodus at the start of his second term, especially with his national security team going through major changes. And Secretary of State Hillary Clinton already has said she will leave soon.
The Wall Street Journal reported earlier that Holder has accepted the president’s request to stay temporarily.
The names of potential replacements are already starting to emerge.
Among those mentioned is Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, the official told Fox News.