Based on union filings with the U.S. Department of Labor, 436 NEA employees were paid over $100,000 from September 1, 2011 to August 31, 2012. Full-time teachers across Ohio were forced to pay NEA $178 – in addition to $425 in Ohio Education Association (OEA) dues – during the 2011-2012 school year.
As current union contracts expire, Michigan’s new workplace freedom law will make Michigan the 24th state to protect the right of educators to choose whether they contribute to the following NEA paychecks.
- Dennis Van Roekel, President: $389,620
- John Stocks, Executive Director: $379,260
- Becky Pringle, Secretary-Treasurer: $332,539
- Lily Eskelsen, Vice President: $332,390
- Andrew Linebaugh, Director: $312,479
- Cynthia Swann, Sr. Policy Advisor: $296,833
- Donna Healy-Dean, Director: $282,244
- Ronald Henderson, Director: $266,700
- Sara Campen, Organizational Specialist: $257,716
- Barry Melamed, Associate Director: $256,381
- Ht Nguyen, State Affiliate Executive Director: $255,646
- W McLaurin, Director: $254,636
- Michael McPherson, Chief Financial Officer: $251,635
- Michael Kahn, Associate Project Director: $250,684