As Allahpundit writes at Hot Air, CNN’s anti-Rubio, anti-dihydrogen monoxide-themed Chyron is proof that “at long last, American media reaches peak moron. I’m just thankful that Newsbusters was there to capture it. They’ve waited years for this moment and now, finally, it’s here. Cherish it, guys.”
But CNN’s been broadcasting at peak moron for some time now, haven’t they? Let’s review these recent classic “This is CNN” moments:
- “CNN Asks if Dorner Fans ‘Have a Point’; Panelists Find it ‘Exciting’ Like a ‘Movie.’”
- “CNN’s Don Lemon says ‘we need to talk about’ Chris Dorner’s not-crazy manifesto.”
- “CNN Warns: Christie’s So Fat He Could Die In Office.”
- “Piers Morgan, Papal Truther.”
- “CNN anchor Deb Feyerick asked Saturday afternoon if an approaching asteroid, which will pass by Earth on February 15, ‘is an example of, perhaps, global warming?’”
- “Nobody Wants to Talk About CNN’s ‘Ethnic’ Problem.”
- Time-Warner-CNN-HBO spokesman Piers Morton sneeringly describes the Constitution as “your little book,” when handed a copy by guest Ben Shapiro.
- “Do you think you should have the right to have a tank under the 2nd Amendment?”
- “America has over 5000 nuclear warheads. Quite hard to defend against a ‘tyrannical U.S. government’ with that kind of firepower.”
- “CNN is behaving in a very MSNBC-like fashion,” with its producers denigrating Ben Shapiro after he defenestrated Morgan.
- Soledad O’Brien’s multiple recent examples of epistemic closure.
- “During CNN’s live New Years Eve coverage, left-wing comedian Kathy Griffin dropped to her knees to kiss the crotch of co-host Anderson Cooper. Howard Kurtz asks ‘What was so awful about it?’”